Bathrooms, as usual subjects of moisture, need a bath fan exhaust to ventilate the air within the bathroom and prevent molds from forming.
But through time, the bath fan exhaust can accumulate dirt, grime, and dust.
Hence, bath fan exhaust cleaning is a must.
If you are on this page, you might have wanted to know how to clean a bath fan exhaust.
So without further ado, Rockaway Duct Clean presents this guide about bath fan exhaust cleaning.
When is the Best Time to Clean Bath Fan Exhaust
Cleaning the bath fan exhaust would prevent the buildup of dirt, grime, and dust on the outside and inside the vent.
Without cleaning, the dirt build-up could block the exhaust, leading to the formation of molds, which can have negative effects on human health and home value as well.
Some would say it is best to clean the bath fan exhaust at least once a year.
However, the moment you see dirt, dust, and grime blocking the fan exhaust, it is the best time to clean it.
But sometimes, you cannot always see if dirt has already clogged the bathroom vent.
Thus, you should look for these signs:
- Steams are forming on mirrors and glasses for long periods.
- The fan does not remove smelly odors from the bathroom.
- Residents are getting respiratory issues.
- The exhaust fan refuses to spin.
For a professional inspection of bath fan exhaust, Rockaway Duct Clean is a reliable duct cleaning company in Queens.
We can immediately spot bath fan exhausts that require vent cleaning.
How to Clean a Bath Fan Exhaust
Like air duct cleaning or any vent cleaning, bath fan exhaust cleaning does not only mean removing the surface dirt.
It involves in-depth cleaning tasks, which you should prepare for.
To clean a bath fan exhaust, follow the step-by-step process below:
- Equip yourself with protective gear, such as face masks, gloves, and comfortable working clothes.
- Prepare cleaning materials – soft-bristle brush, vacuum with different brush attachments, and screwdriver.
- Turn off the power of the bath fan.
- Remove the fan exhaust cover using a screwdriver or by squeezing the mounting attachments on the sides.
- Disconnect the wire connecting the vent cover and the fan.
- Once you successfully remove the exhaust cover, soak it in warm water and clean it using dish soap after a few minutes.
- Then back at the fan exhaust, disconnect the fan in its housing with a screwdriver.
- Once detached, vacuum and brush the fan, use a compressed air can to blow dirt from unreachable spots, and wipe the fan with a damp cloth.
- Vacuum the vent using brush attachments to reach different areas.
- Reassemble the fan to its housing and reinstall the vent cover.
- Test the fan exhaust if it works without a problem.
- Also, don’t forget to clean the floor afterwards.
These are just the general steps for a standard bath fan exhaust cleaning.
Depending on the model of your bath fan, disassembling the pieces may require additional steps.
Fortunately, Rockaway Duct Clean has expert cleaners to do the vent cleaning for you.
No matter how complicated your fan exhaust system is, we have the right tools to disassemble and clean it thoroughly.
Extensive Duct Cleaning Services
Rockaway Duct Clean specializes in air duct cleaning – may it be a hood duct, bathroom fan exhaust, dryer vent, and commercial hoot.
We are your one-stop air duct cleaning company in Queens.
Our top-notch and detailed cleaning process has established loyal clients who call us when they need duct cleaning in Queens.
At your request, we will be at your door equipped with complete protective gear and cleaning materials.
Give Rockaway Duct Clean a Call Now
As an established duct cleaning company in Queens, Rockaway Duct Clean guarantees your ventilation systems will be spotless at the end of our work.
Moreover, we can perform regular duct cleaning services in Queens as part of our duct cleaning maintenance.
For extensive hood duct cleaning, air duct cleaning, bath fan exhaust cleaning, and all kinds of vent cleaning, Rockaway Duct Clean is only a call away.
Excellent, fast, and efficient vent cleaning services – that’s our promise.
For inquiries, don’t hesitate to contact our friendly and service-oriented staff.